The Card Security Code (CSC), also known as Card Verification Value (CVV or CV2), Card Verification Value Code (CVVC), Card Verification Code (CVC), Verification Code (V-Code or V Code), or Card Code Verification (CCV) are a security enhancing features for credit or debit card transactions, providing increased protection against credit card fraud.
There are technical differences among the types of security codes:
- The first code, called CVC1 or CVV1, is encoded on the magnetic stripe of the card and used for transactions in person.
- The second code, and the most cited, is CVV2 or CVC2. This CSC (also known as a CCID or Credit Card ID) is often asked for by merchants for them to secure “card not present” transactions occurring online over the Internet, by mail, fax or over the phone. In many countries in Western Europe, due to increased attempts at card fraud, it is now mandatory to provide this code when the cardholder is not present in person.
- Contactless card and chip cards may supply their own codes generated electronically, such as iCVV or Dynamic CVV.
Location of CVV2 or CVC2
The CVV2 or CVC2 is a three- or four-digit value printed on the card or signature strip, but not encoded on the magnetic stripe.
Generation of CVV, CVC CVC2 and CVV2 codes and values
CVV, CVC CVC2 and CVV2 values are generated when the card is issued. The values are calculated by encrypting the PAN, expiration date and service code with encryption keys. These encryption keys is known only by the issuing bank.
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.12.122.
You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or emailcorrespondent and give them the following information:
Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.
(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)
The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
If you have recieved this error and are trying to access something that has a self signed certificate, there are two places in Firefox that you must visit in order to access the particular site again.
The first visit Tools–> options–>Advanced–>View Certificates
You must remove the certificates in the “Servers” tab, then under the same location you must remove the certificate authority because it is a self signed certificate, so on the “Authorities” tab, simply find the CA for the device you are having trouble with and delete it.
This short guide describes how to install Windows XP or Windows 2003 Server on Xen. It provides an overview of the Debian Linux Etch installation, and detailed steps for installing and configuring Xen and starting the Windows XP or Windows 2003 Server
- CPU with either Intel’s Vanderpool (IVT – Intel Virtualization Technology) orAMD’s Pacifica Technology (AMD virtualization)
- Windows iso-image
First you need to install Xen on Debian Etch:
sudo apt-get install xen-linux-system-2.6.18-4-xen-686 libc6-xen bridge-utils
Boot into the newly installed Xen enabled Linux kernel
Then adjusted the network settings in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp. Enabling the network bridge:
Install Xen IO Emulation tools:
sudo apt-get install xen-ioemu-3.0.3-1
Create a directory for the virtual machine files e.g. /home/xen/domains/win01 and create a disk image for the virtual machine’s primary disk.
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of= /home/xen/domains/win01/disk.img bs=1M count=4096
Establish a Xen machine Configuration file (/etc/xen/win01.cfg) like this
kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'
builder = 'hvm'
memory = '256'
disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/domains/win01/disk.img,ioemu:hda,w',
name = ‘win01′
vif = ['type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0']
The ready to fire up the new machine and start the Windows installation in a vnc terminal.
xm create win01.cfg
After the virtual machine is started – a VNC server port should be available on port 5900 at the Xen server’s IP, e.g. 192.168.1.102 – A VNC XEN Client session is depicted here.
If an error like this shows up
Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
You should check your that you have enabled the network bridge, “(network-script network-bridge)”, in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp and restarted the xen deamon by /etc/init.d/xend restart
For more on creating Xen virtual machines read this guide, which outlines the features of the xen-tools package.
To get around the censorship you can to change the name server settings on your computer or router. Here are some different ways to do it.
Option 1: Use OpenDNS
OpenDNS is a project that helps you to avoid the censorship in an easy way. On their website you can find information about how to configure your computer, regardless of which operating system you use. They also have guides for a large amount of routers.
Option 2: Guide for Mac OS X
(the official OS X Leopard guide from OpenDNS)
1. Go to System Preferences
2. Click on Network
3. Select Built In Ethernet and click Advanced
4. Select the DNS tab and add 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 to the list of DNS servers. Click OK
Option 4: Guide for Windows XP”
1. Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
2. Click Network Connections from the Control Panel choices.
3. Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.
4. Click Properties button.
5. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
6. Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
Option 4: Guide for Windows Vista”
1. Click the Start Orb, then select Control Panel.
2. Click on View network status and tasks.
3. Click on View status.
4. Click the Properties button.
5. Vista may ask for your permission to make changes. If so, click the Continue button.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click the Properties button.
7. Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses: and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
8. Click the OK button, then the Close button, and the Close button again. Close the Network and Sharing Center window.
Win4lin, KVM, QEMU, Virtualbox and Xen are all widely used technologies, used in virtual servers. Fairly often a virtual server run from within a loop filesystem and generally start with a fairly small file (1GB is big for a normal file, but not when it is pretending to be an entire filesystem!)
However things often grow over time.
Here is a nice simple procedure for increasing the size of a loop filesystem, if the filesystem is ext2 or ext3 (the procedure should work for ext4 too, but I havn’t tested it yet)
1. Stop the virtual server that is using the loop filesystem
2. Add some extra space to your loop filesystem file
# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=1024 >> loop_image_file
This adds 1GB to the end of a file called loop_image_file (make sure to use the append output redirector >> not a single >, otherwise you’ll have an empty 1GB file!)
3. Force a check on the resized/increased filesystem
# e2fsck -f loop_image_file
4. Resize the filesystem within the loop filesystem file
# resize2fs loop_image_file
5. Start the virtual server again
Even if you have big computer with huge amounts of RAM and CPU power you might not be able to play demanding 3D games if you have an Intel 900 GMA graphics with 192 MB of memory or 950 GMA graphics with 256 MB of memory. Memory is only one thing, there are few more things that your graphic chip or graphic card must have.
Features of a graphics chip and card
* 3D Accelaration
* Video Memory
* Pixel Shader
* Vertex Shader; either Software Vertex Shaders or Hardware Vertex Shaders
* Hardware Transform And Lighting
* Hardware Rasterizing
The features of the 900 GMA (915 motherboard) and 950 GMA (945 motherboard) graphics chipsets
* 3D Acceralation: Yes
* Video Memory: 192 MB For 900 GMA And 256 MB For 950 GMA
* Pixel Shader: 2.0
* Vertex Shader: 3.0 (It features a Software Vertex Shader)
* Hardware Rasterising: Yes
* Hardware Transform & Lighting: No ( Usually provided by the CPU or 3D Analyze could be used)
So all in all the requiered features are satisfied for the games Of 2006-2008 era, except one where 915 or 945 fails. These games require hardware Vertex Shaders and the 915 Or 945 Chipsets only features Software Vertex Shaders.
List of games support by Intel GMA 900, GMA 950, 915 or 945 GL/GV/GM Based Chipsets and workaround solutions in order to get the games working using Intel GMA 900, GMA 950, 915 or 945 GL/GV/GM hardware.
Most of the solutions requires 3D Analyze, which is a powerful application that allows to play many DirectX based games using video hardware officially unsupported and theoretically unable to run these.
3D Analyze can be downloaded here.
Some solutions require a software based shader. One solution was to use swShader, which was the precursor to TransGaming’s SwiftShader software 3D rasterizer. However it is no longer available from SourceForge, since it moved into a commercial product. Please see http://www.transgaming.com/products/swiftshader/ for additional info.
Guide to remove annoying logo from Shiftshader.
- Age of empires III + the warchiefs + the asian dynasties
- Age of empires II + The conquerors expansion
- Age of mythology + Titans expansion
- Aggression : Reign Over Europe (Using 3D Analyze, All textures work, but too slow)
- Area 51 (with version 1.2 patch)
- Battlefield 1942(full series)
- Beyond good and evil
- Big Mutha Truckers 2
- Blitzkrieg 2 Demo (But NOT the full version of game!)
- Blitzkrieg + All Expansions
- Brian Lara International Cricket 2005
- Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 (3D Analyze)
- Broken Sword: The sleeping Dragon
- Call of Duty
- Call of duty 2 (Windows Vista/7 With 1545 Drivers and Registry Mod)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive
- C&C Generals Zero Hour
- C&C Red Alert 3 (too slow with normal driver, with modded drivers much better)
- Ceasar IV
- Championship Manager 2006
- Championship Manager 2007
- Championship Manager 2008
- Civilization IV
- Clive Barker’s Undying
- Code of honour 2 :conspiracy island (2008)
- Colin Mcrae Rally 04 (update to latest patch for removing graphical issues)
- Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0 ( CM 2004 should run, but its seem have black giltches, but its seem a game problem, try a patch).
- Commandos All Versions
- Company of Heros ( laggy even at very low settings )
- Counter-Strike 1.6
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Cricket 2005
- Cricket 2007
- Crysis demo ( 3D Analyze v2.34 by emulating HW T n L)
- Crysis v1.0 ( can run on Vista without 3D Analyze )
- Crysis Warhead(950-modded driver with reg. tweak also works on 3-d analyze)
- Crysis Wars Trial (950 – Modded driver 1554 with registry of “1″ on crysis.exe)
- CSI: 3 Dimensions of murder
- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
- Delta Force: Team Sabre
- Diablo II (DirectDraw Mode Gives Best Performance)
- Diablo II Lord of Destruction (DirectDraw Mode Gives Best Performance)
- Disciples II
- Divine Divinity
- Doom 3
- Dungeon Lords (with 3D Analyzer, force SW TnL, emulate HW TnL caps)
- Dungeon siege I
- Dungeon Siege II
- Dynasty Warrior 6 : Hyper (Slow but not laggy, haven’t used Swhader or 3D Analyze)
- Earth 2160 (with 3D Analyze, force SW TnL, emulate HW TnL caps)
- Empire Earth II
- Empire Earth III Demo (Shaders set to Medium)
- Enter the matrix
- Europa Universalis 3 (Using Swshader 2.01, need further experiment in config)
- Evil Dead: regeneration
- Fable: The lost chapters
- Falcon 4.0: Allied Force
- Far Cry
- F.E.A.R. Combat (Free multiplayer version)
- F.E.A.R. (patch v1.01 to v1.08 required)
- FIFA 2003
- FIFA 2005
- FIFA 2006
- FIFA 2006 Road to world cup
- FIFA 2007
- FIFA 2008
- FIFA 2009
- FIFA Manager 2006
- FIFA Manager2007
- FIFA Manager 2008
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII (If it seems bad or creepy, dont think is the card, this game only run at 640x 480 with bad quality texture)
- FlatOut 2 (With low resolution, it runs without lag)
- Football Manager 2007
- Football Manager 2008
- Football Manager 2009
- Freedom Fighters
- Garry’s Mod
- Grim Fandango (Old, fun game, but requires newest patch, or it will run in hyperspeed.)
- GTA Liberty City
- GTA San Andreas
- GTA Vice city
- Guild Wars
- Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (3D Analyzer v3.25?, v1.3 patch)
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (950 gma-Vista)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo Custom Edition
- Harry Potter: The Goblet of fire
- Hellgate: London
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- Hitman 3: Contracts
- Hitman 4: Blood Money ( 3D Analyze emulating HW TnL)
- Homeworld 2
- Indigo prophecy (In europe it’s called “Fahrenheit”)
- International Cricket Captain 2008
- Just Cause(3d analyze force htnl antidetect shaders)
- Kohan 2
- Kohan : All the first Kohan
- Land of the Dead: Road to fiddlers green
- Lego Indiana Jones
- Lego Star Wars 2
- Lego Star Wars (With 3D Analyze, emulate HW TnL caps, emulate Pixel Shader Caps)
- Matt Hoffman Pro BMX.
- Max Payne 2
- Max Payne ( patch 1.05 to work in xp sp2 )
- Medieval II: Total War
- Megaman X8
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Deluxe version tested)
- Monster Truck Madness 2
- MotoGP 3
- Myst 4: Revelations
- Myst 5: End of ages
- Nancy Drew: The white wolf of icicle creek
- NBA Live 06
- Need for Speed: Carbon ( vista)
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Need for Speed Porsche
- Need for Speed: Underground
- Need for Speed: Underground 2
- Neverwinter Nigths 2 ( 3D Analyzer v2.36 by emulating HW TnL – but too low fps on my 192mb 915gl)
- Neverwinter Nigths Diamond Editon
- NHL 2002.
- NiBiRu: Age of secrets
- No One Lives Forever
- No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in a Harms Way
- Onimusha 3 : Demon Siege
- Overlord demo (3D Analyzer v2.34 by emulating HW TnL)
- Overspeed: High performance street racing
- Painkiller ( 3D Analyzer v2.36 by emulating HW TnL)
- Pathologic ( 3D Analyzer v2.36 by emulating HW TnL)
- Perfect World (works on lowest quality for vista.will update if works on xp)
- Pool of Radiance:Ruins of Myth Drannor
- Portal (works without swiftshader using modded driver in vista. Check this video on youtube: Portal on GMA 950
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time ( 3D Analyzer v2.34 by emulating HW TnL)
- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
- Project IGI 2: Covert Strike
- PSI-OPS: The mindgate conspiracy
- Rayman 2.
- Red Alert 3
- Red Faction 2.
- Rise of Nations 2 Rise of legends
- Rise of Nations + Thrones and Patriots
- Rogue Trooper
- Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 + Expansions
- Rome: Total War
- Runescape: HD (All settings lowered for best performance)
- Sam & Max season 1 and 2
- Serious Sam II
- Ship Simulator 2006 and add on
- Shogun: Total War
- Sid Meier’s Railroad
- Silent hill 4: The room (with 3D Analyze, emulate HW TnL)
- Silent Hunter 3 (Lags when looking out in the horizont)
- Silent Storm
- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
- Sins of solar empire
- Sniper Elite
- Soul reaver 2
- Space Ranger
- Space Ranger 2 : Reboot (The Original Dominator is Playable)
- Spider Man 2
- Splinter Cell 1 (having problems with thermal vision .. when i use it the game crashes)
- Splinter cell chaos theory
- Splinter cell pandaro tommorrow
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadows of Chernobyl (for tweaking http://www.tweakguides.com/STALKER_1.html)
- Star Wars: Empire at war
- Star Wars republic commando
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3D
- Street Fighter Alpha 2.
- Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People Ep. 1 – 5
- Supreme Ruler
- Supreme Ruler : Global Crisis
- SWAT 4
- Team Fortress 2 (must use either vista and modded driver or the vertices 1024 console command to obtain playable FPS)
- The Elder Scrolls – Morrowind + All Expansions
- The Fall – Last Days of Gaia
- The Godfather The Lord of the rings and the fellowship of the ring
- The Guild 2
- The Guild and Its Expansions
- The lord of the rings and the battle for middle earth
- The lord of the rings and the battle for middle earth IIThe Typing of The Dead
- The lord of the rings and the return of the king ( help provided by intel site and also works with 3D Analyzer )
- The Sims 2 + Expansions
- The Suffering: Ties that Bind
- The Thing
- Thief : Deadly shadows
- Toca Race Driver 2.
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- Tomb Raider: Legend
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon
- Tom clancy’s Rainbow six: Lockdown (with 3D Analyze, emulate HW TnL, force SW TnL)
- Tom clancy’s Rainbow six: Raven Shield
- Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2.
- Tony Hawk’s Underground 2
- Total Overdose
- Transformers : The Game
- Trials 2 SE
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- Unreal Tournament GoTY (OpenGL works best in some cases)
- Urban Street Soccer.
- Vampire the Masquerade – Redemption
- Virtua Tennis 3(update to latest patch.Works smoothly on 1024×768 all low)
- VtM – Bloodlines (Systems with 2 gb ram or more must use 3D Analyzer v2.26 or game will crash. HW TnL emulation was enough for my 192mb 915gl)
- Warcraft III Reign of Chaos
- Warcraft III The Frozen Throne
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War – Winter Assault
- Warriors Orochi
- World in Conflict (version 1.0 with Pixel Shaders set to high)
- World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- Worms 3D
- Worms 4: Mayhem
- Worms: Forts Under Siege
- WWE RAW
- X3:Reunion(Update to the latest patch and do the registry tweak)
- XIII (Thirteen)
- X Men The official game (3D Analyze Hw TnL)
Microsoft Office 2007 is the most recent Windows version of the Microsoft Office system, Microsoft’s productivity suite. Formerly known as Office 12 in the initial stages of its beta cycle, it was released to volume license customers on November 30, 2006 and made available to retail customers on January 30, 2007.
New Features in Office 2007
Office 2007 contains a number of new features, the most notable of which is the entirely new graphical user interface called the Fluent User Interface (initially referred to as the Ribbon UI), replacing the menus and toolbars that have been the cornerstone of Office since its inception with a tabbed toolbar, known as the Ribbon. Office 2007 requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or 3, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 or higher, or Windows Vista.
The ‘Ribbon User Interface’ is a task-orientated Graphical User Interface (GUI). It features a central menu button, widely known as the ‘Office Button’. The Ribbon Interface has been rumored to be introduced into Microsoft Office 14.
The new user interface (UI), officially known as Microsoft Office Fluent, has been implemented in the core Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and in the item inspector used to create or edit individual items in Outlook. These applications have been selected for the UI overhaul because they center around document authoring. The rest of the applications in the suite will also be upgraded to the new UI in subsequent versions. The default font used in this edition is Calibri. Original prototypes of the new user interface were revealed at MIX 2008 in Las Vegas.
Getting Wine Ready for Office 2007
The following guide is based on a clean configuration directory and running in a 1024×768 virtual desktop.
Wine version used:
Windows version emulated:
Microsoft Office 2007
Download and install the latest Wine available by following this guide.
When the configuration dialog appears set the virtual desktop in the graphics tab and click OK.
Then download winetricks using wget:
$ wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
sh winetricks msxml3 dotnet20 gdiplus riched20 riched30 vcrun2005sp1 allfonts
Installing Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 requires a libraries, which are not included in a plain Wine-installation. These libraries could be obtained from CrossOver Games, which is a derived version of Wine made to support games under Linux.
Download and install CrossOver Games either by hand or by using the official Ubuntu or Debian package.
After the install then
Copy rpcrt4.dll.so into Wine:
$ sudo cp /opt/cxgames/lib/wine/rpcrt4.dll.so .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
Rename the native Wine-dll version:
$ sudo mv .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/rpcrt4.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/rpcrt4.dll.bak
Rename CrossOver Games version into the original name:
$ sudo mv .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/rpcrt4.dll.so .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/rpcrt4.dll
Moreover you will need to rename msxml3.dll into *.bak too:
$ sudo mv .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/msxml3.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/msxml3.dll.bak
After the renaming it is time to run winecfg again and set msxml3.dll andrpcrt4.dll to “native windows” select save and exit.
Now it is time to mount the Office 2007 cd media and start the actual Office 2007 installation.
$ sudo mount -o loop -o unhide Office-2007.iso /mnt
Now cd into the mounted directory
$ cd /mnt
$ wine setup.exe
Type the serial number and click install.
- Store IP addresses as INT, not CHAR – by using INET_ATON to convert from a string to an integer and by using INET_NTOA to convert from an integer to a string
- Use non-persistent connection, since they are light-weight – much faster create than compared Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Use the right storage engine; this means for example the ARCHIVE-engine for logs and other kind of INSERT-only operations, and the MEMORY-engine for fast in-memory data that should go away on server restart
More general MySQL optimization and performance tips are available in this Slideshow.
The Debian package management system (called Advanced Packaging Tool or APT) is by far the most well-designed and is one of the top killer features on the Linux platform.
This short Howto describes howto establish a Debian package repository for home-grown deb-packages or like (could be used for Ubuntu as well, since Ubuntu uses the Debian package management system).
Establish repository structure
Create the repository structure in a directory. E.g. in ~/public_html directory exposed to the web.
Copy your deb-packages into the repository
cp src/bzr_0.11-1.1_all.deb public_html/my-repository/binary/
Install the tools to be able to create a repository index
sudo aptitude install dpkg-dev
Create a repository index
dpkg-scanpackages binary /dev/null | gzip -9c > binary/Packages.gz
dpkg-scansources source /dev/null | gzip -9c > source/Sources.gz
Using the repository
# Add these two lines into the /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://mediakey.dk/~cc/my-repository binary/
deb-src http://mediakey.dk/~cc/my-repository source/
Installing Oracle on Ubuntu is fairly easy, since Oracle has created a Debian and Ubuntu package repository, so it is possible to download and install the Oracle database softwareusing apt-get and aptitude.
Howto use the Oracle Debian and Ubuntu Repository:
Add the following lines to the /etc/apt/sources.list
# Oracle Repository
deb http://oss.oracle.com/debian unstable main non-free
Update the package repository database with:
cc@ray:~$ sudo apt-get update
Now you should be able to install the following Oracle software:
Install the Oracle Express packages
sudo aptitude install oracle-xe oracle-xe-client
sudo /etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure
Access the nice Oracle web interface by pointing your Firefox to:
The installation process might report that the Oracle packages are not gpg signed, but you should be able to install the packages anyway.
You can avoid this report by added the Oracle gpg-public key to your apt-key chain
wget http://oss.oracle.com/el4/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle -O- | sudo apt-key add -
Read more on Oracle and Debian and Ubuntu here